Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"FAITH...........WAIT ON THE LORD!"

Lamentations 3:20-26     (KJV)
"20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.
21 This I recall to my mind, therefore HAVE I HOPE.
22 It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because HIS  compassions fail NOT.
23 They are new every morning: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.
24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I HOPE in him.
25 The LORD is good UNTO THEM that WAIT for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
26 It is good that a man should "both" HOPE and QUIETLY WAIT for the salvation of the LORD."


FAITH......is a mysterious and confounding thing.  I see people who are convinced GOD is going to work in a way that "they want", when HIS will may be far from their desires.  Isaiah 55:8-9 says "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."  

So if HIS thoughts are not our thoughts, and HIS ways are not our ways, how then can we be sure we are doing HIS will?  How do we make sure we are NOT messing things up?  Isaiah 55:6 tells us we should "Seek ye the LORD while HE may be found, call ye upon HIM  while HE is near".

To TRULY live by FAITH is to trust that HE is in control even when things are not working out the way WE think they should.  Verse 25 of Lamentations 3 says "The LORD is good UNTO THEM that "WAIT" for him, to the soul that seeketh HIM."  If we are so caught up in performing to the world's standards, and living our lives at the world's pace, then we show we are more interested in pleasing man than we are in pleasing ALMIGHTY GOD!  HE can provide our needs if we are "THE SOUL THAT SEEKETH HIM"!!!

Psalms 37:4-5;7  "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in HIM; and HE shall bring it to pass."
"Rest in the LORD, and WAIT  patiently for HIM: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

My biggest challenge is WAITING on GOD!  I want things to work out on my "timing", rather than waiting on HIS "timing".  I am convinced the reason we don't see miracles as in days of old, is we don't "WAIT ON THE LORD"!

Psalms 27:14 "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: WAIT, I SAY, ON THE LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment