Monday, November 18, 2013

"WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG!"

2 Corinthians 12:9-10      (KJV)
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

Sometimes I get frustrated that I am not what I desire to be.  In my feeble thoughts, I would love to be a stronger, more dedicated, committed follower of JESUS CHRIST and HIS teachings.  However, I know that GOD is Sovereign and allows, permits, even endows knowledge to all Creation TO GLORIFY HIM!

The English Standard Version of the Bible states these verses terrifically.  The verses read "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will BOAST all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the POWER OF CHRIST may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I AM CONTENT with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I AM WEAK, then I am strong."

How many people who have experienced little "success" in life are great examples for us?  When we seek out "ROLE MODELS" from which to pattern our lives, do we look for people who are experiencing "weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities"?  Yet Paul wrote that he "BOASTED" in his weaknesses, because when he was weak, the "POWER OF CHRIST" rested upon him!

When I am "in a funk" and I just can't seem to get it all together, I find myself trusting more and more on HIM to rescue me.  Maybe I should be more like Paul and realize that "WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM STRONG"!

No comments:

Post a Comment