Friday, November 1, 2013

"REGENERATION"

Job 27:2-4       (KJV)
"2 As God liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath "vexed" my soul;
3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
4 My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit."

Have you ever has one of those times when your Spirit feels troubled, or "vexed", and you can't grasp what it is The LORD is trying to tell you?  Job realized the "Spirit of GOD" was in his nostrils and he was only a tabernacle for that Spirit.

I used to smoke little cigars, only 1 or 2 of them at night.  My doctor even knew and told me that as long as I wasn't smoking any more than that, it probably wasn't hurting me.   After the brain hemorrhage in 2007, I figured after I had gone 52 days in a hospital, I didn't need the cigars any longer.  Why take a chance?

Whether smoking is a sin or not is not something I care to debate.  JESUS said in Matthew 15:10-11 "Hear, and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."  The words that come out of my body is of more significance to me than the victuals I chose to eat.  A kind, thoughtful, compassionate, FAT man is more desirable than a slim, trim, uncaring, egotistical person.

The tongue, lips, mouth, tend to be a manifestation of The SPIRIT inside of me.  If I eat too much food, I can DIET and correct the weight gain.  If I say words that are untrue, hurtful, or slanderous, the hurt can be crippling and long lasting.

FATHER IN HEAVEN, remind me that I only dwell in this tabernacle for a brief time.  YOUR SPIRIT now lives in me and my actions should "REFLECT YOU" as I serve here on earth!  

No comments:

Post a Comment