Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"The REAL you!"

John 1:1-3           (KJV)
"In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was GOD. The same was in the beginning with GOD. All things were made by HIM; and without HIM was not any thing made that was made."


Hebrews 4:12      (KJV)
"For the WORD of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a "DISCERNER" of the "THOUGHTS" and "INTENTS" of the heart."

"Lord, I want!"   I find those three words in my prayer life more than I care to admit.  Just this morning, I was talking to The LORD, and I found myself telling HIM what I could do for HIM!  WHAT I CAN DO FOR HIM????

Yesterday I had occasion to be in a part of town where a dear friend of mine is employed. He and I served on the school board a few years back. I decided to stop in and see him.  He started telling me about a medical issue he has been experiencing for longer than six months.  I USED to suffer from a similar condition, but after the brain hemorrhage the problem has never reappeared.  I told him I would come home and go through my medical records and see if I could find anything of help to him.   When I began reading the records about my physical condition and what doctors wrote in my chart, it was a reminder of the road GOD has put me on.  To have your frailty manifested so plainly and succinctly is quite an eye opener.  Something's you eventually "get over".  I am not sure I will ever "get over" knowing how much I am NOT in control!

JESUS IS GOD IN THE FLESH!  HE is in control.  John 1:14 says "And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."  HE knew, HE knows, HE will know everything we think and why we think it.  I can say whatever I want in a prayer.  But the GOD knows the intents of my heart long before I ever verbalize them in a prayer.

GOD is sovereign.  HE doesn't need me to do anything for HIM.  I will serve HIM because I LOVE HIM!  HE knows our hearts and our motives behind our thoughts.  You may think you are telling HIM what HE wants to hear, but HE sees through your words and sees the REAL YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment