Sunday, November 17, 2013

"TRUE BROTHERLY LOVE!"

Hebrews 13:1-3       (KJV)
"1 Let brotherly love continue.
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body."

I recently carried an acquaintance of mine to lunch.  He is about the age of my oldest son, a real clean cut young man, and a very respectful. The thing that "drew" me to him was his concern for the well being of his customers when I observed his work.  There are not so good employees and good employees, and then there are "gifted" employees!  

GOD calls us to "continue in brotherly love" in our dealings with others.  Not so we can succeed in our jobs. Rather, we will succeed in our jobs, and in life, if we show brotherly love to others.  

To show "brotherly love" to relative stranger is something that some might consider dangerous in today's times. There is so much "evil" going on today that it might be understandable to some people to shy away from doing good.  But overcoming the "fear" (fear is a tool of the enemy) of evil with the boldness of good, is a trait that we all should strive for.  


My acquaintance gained a friend because he used "brotherly love" in his dealings with me.  I reaped, and will continue to reap, the benefits of his "brotherly love" by gaining him as a friend.  I need to remember that others can reap benefits of my "brotherly love", and show it more often!  

No comments:

Post a Comment