Sunday, October 19, 2014

"DRY BONES!"

Ezekiel 37:1-6                 (KJV)
"1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones.
2 And HE led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry.
3 And HE said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O LORD GOD, YOU know."
4 Then HE said to me, "Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5 Thus says the LORD GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and YOU SHALL LIVE.
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and "YOU SHALL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD."


Taking the Word of GOD literally takes FAITH that HE is who HE says HE is!  One may find it difficult to believe that "DRY BONES" could ever be useful again.  It would appear they had already fulfilled there earthly purpose and benefits.  But keep in mind that GOD IS SPIRIT (John 4:24) and HIS SPIRIT can "make ALL things new" (Revelations 21:5).  

Ezekiel had FAITH that GOD "WOULD" (not that HE merely could) do what HE told Ezekiel HE would do.  The problem I see is that most modern day Christians are not convinced that GOD is who HE claims to be!  We gravitate towards the thinking that GOD is like the old television show "I dream of Jeanie" and that we can put HIM in a bottle until we HAVE to have HIS help.  Then we BEG GOD to be merciful and mighty and show HIS power in our lives!

If we TRULY had a grasp of how mighty and gracious our GOD is, if we really comprehended how much HE loved us, we would see things today like "DRY BONES" being restored to functioning vessels for HIS glory!  Instead we are so BUSY seeing what we can do in our own power that we don't have time to WAIT ON THE LORD (Psalms 27:14) and see HIS power.  If we TRULY believed that ALMIGHTY GOD simply spoke the worlds into existence, it would not be so difficult to fathom that HE could handle our menial everyday tasks?

GOD IN HEAVEN, I pray that I will SLOW MY LIFE DOWN and realize that YOU are the Creator and Sustainer of life.  Help me to constantly be reminded that YOU loved me so much that YOU came to earth in the form of JESUS CHRIST to provide atonement for my sinful life.  HEAVENLY FATHER, if YOU can restore "DRY BONES" in Ezekiel's time, YOU can take care of the challenges in my life today!  As the father of the child possessed with an unclean spirit said in Mark 9:24 "I believe, help THOU my unbelief" and show THAT YOU ARE THE LORD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment