Sunday, October 26, 2014

"FOR WITHOUT ME YE CAN DO NOTHING!"

John 15:4-6                      (KJV)
"4 Abide in ME, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in ME.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: FOR WITHOUT ME YE CAN DO NOTHING.      

6 If a man abide not in ME, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."  



Growing up, I remember being asked to give a devotional when I was in my early teen years.  I didn't have a great knowledge of scripture, nor was I saved at the time, but GOD led me to the 15th chapter of John and I spoke on JESUS being the Vine that supplied life to us.   Looking back, it was probably not very deep, but it stuck with me all of life!"

This morning like most Sunday mornings, a very dear friend Bishop Robert E. Smith Sr. sent out a message that said, "JESUS said "......without me YE can do nothing" John 15:5.  Interpreted: every thought, word and act, outside of the indwelling and enabling of CHRIST amounts to NOTHING.  This is simply deep."

The more I meditate on these words, the more profound they are to me.  Anything accomplished outside of the indwelling of JESUS CHRIST in our lives will burn like wood, hay and stubble on Judgement Day.  In Matthew 16:24-27 we are called to lay down our lives and follow CHRIST's lead.  But how many times do I begin my day without JESUS leading my steps?  Am I laying down my life?  Am I following HIS direction?  Or do I find what I think will be a good path and go FULL STEAM AHEAD as fast as I can go?

There is no was for JESUS to abide in me with me NOT surrendering to HIM daily!  JESUS said in John 15:5 "He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth MUCH FRUIT".   The flip side of bringing forth much fruit is "FOR WITHOUT ME YE CAN DO NOTHING".  All of my good plans and ideas will not bring about anything good outside of CHRIST.  LORD, remind me that I am NOTHING outside of YOU!





   


       

No comments:

Post a Comment