Sunday, October 5, 2014

(I (GOD) WILL GET GLORY!"

Exodus 14:1-4; 27-28                            (ESV)
"1 Then the LORD said to Moses,
2 "Tell the people of Israel to turn back and encamp in front of Pi-hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, in front of Baal-zephon; you shall encamp facing it, by the sea.
3 For Pharaoh will say of the people of Israel, 'They are wandering in the land; the wilderness has shut them in.'
4 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them, and "I WILL GET GLORY" over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD." And they did so........
.......27 So Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to its normal course when the morning appeared. And as the Egyptians fled into it, the LORD threw the Egyptians into the midst of the sea.
28 The waters returned and covered the chariots and the horsemen; of all the host of Pharaoh that had followed them into the sea, not one of them remained."



The torture of years of captivity the children of Israel experienced must have been easily forgotten?   They were barely into their journey and the LORD was speaking to Moses instructing them to turn back and encamp by the Red Sea.  THE EXODUS was multi-faceted in its purposes, but the thing that must not be overlooked is that "I (GOD) WILL GET GLORY"!  

The Israelis were thought to be wandering in the wilderness!  Pharaoh and his followers THOUGHT the Israelis were bad navigators of the terrain and were IN OVER THEIR HEADS!  The children of Israel on the other hand thought that Pharaoh was coming to do them great harm and were fearful when they saw his army approaching.  

But GOD had a plan!  "I WILL GET GLORY" was not a maybe-so or hope-so saying that GOD had shared with Moses!  The Israelites had to experience that GOD would deliver them, even in their GREATEST need!   Pharaoh and his minions had to experience that GOD was mightier than anything the world had ever seen!  This was not a fable or wives tale.  The Egyptians who suffered defeat on that day would testify that GOD DID GET GLORY!

There are times when I may be experiencing a Red Sea moment in my life.  The Egyptians of modern day trials may have me cornered between certain capture and the Red Sea.  Like Moses and the children of Israel, I may have to "appear" to be trapped in the wilderness with no hope of making to my Promised Land.  But GOD reminds me that "I (GOD) WILL GET GLORY" and all I need to do is let HIM do HIS work.  To the world it may appear I am "trapped" in my troubles, but I need to remember that when "morning appears" my GOD is still on HIS throne and "I (GOD) WILL GET GLORY"!

No comments:

Post a Comment