Friday, October 3, 2014

"IN THE END!"

2 Corinthians 11:1-15                         (NASB)
"1 I hope you will be patient with me as I keep on talking like a fool. Do bear with me and let me say what is on my heart. 2 I am anxious for you with the deep concern of GOD Himself—anxious that your love should be for CHRIST alone, just as a pure maiden saves her love for one man only, for the one who will be her husband. 3 But I am frightened, fearing that in some way you will be led away from your pure and simple devotion to our Lord, just as Eve was deceived by satan in the Garden of Eden. 4 You seem so gullible: you believe whatever anyone tells you even if he is preaching about another JESUS than the one we preach, or a different spirit than the Holy Spirit you received, or shows you a different way to be saved. You swallow it all. 5 Yet I don’t feel that these marvelous “messengers from God,” as they call themselves, are any better than I am. 6 If I am a poor speaker, at least I know what I am talking about, as I think you realize by now, for we have proved it again and again. 7 Did I do wrong and cheapen myself and make you look down on me because I preached God’s Good News to you without charging you anything? 8-9 Instead I “robbed” other churches by taking what they sent me and using it up while I was with you so that I could serve you without cost. And when that was gone and I was getting hungry, I still didn’t ask you for anything, for the Christians from Macedonia brought me another gift. I have never yet asked you for one cent, and I never will. 10 I promise this with every ounce of truth I possess—that I will tell everyone in Greece about it! 11 Why? Because I DON'T LOVE YOU? GOD KNOWS I DO. 12 But I will do it to cut out the ground from under the feet of those who boast that they are doing GOD’s work in just the same way we are.13 GOD never sent those men at all; they are “phonies” who have fooled you into thinking they are CHRIST’s apostles. 14 Yet I am not surprised! Satan can change himself into an angel of light, 15 so it is no wonder his servants can do it too, and seem like godly ministers. "IN THE END" they will get every bit of punishment their wicked deeds deserve."



There is little debate that the "great deceiver" has tricked many to believe the lies he has spread since the Garden of Eden.  We should not believe that we can run or hide from the enemy or his schemes.  In the passage of scripture above the Apostle Paul says that Eve was deceived by the enemy in the Garden of Eden.  In 2 Corinthians 11:14 Paul says that even "Satan can change himself into an angel of light".

Today, many people continue to be deceived by the lie that the enemy can be good, if we just give him and his followers a chance.  But my Bible tells me there is "no other name" (Acts 4:11-12) men can call upon to be saved than the name of JESUS CHRIST. They WILL try and imitate JESUS CHRIST and proclaim they are just in their cause, but they are being used by their leader to deceive you too.

The enemy will try and trick as many as he can into believing that he is just as good as "the prophet".  But scripture is plain that JESUS is the only way for mankind to enter Heaven!  In the interest of tolerance there will be a great number of people who say "to each his own"!  Like the Apostle Paul, I love you all, but I will not let deception go unchallenged! The lie will continue to be spread by many.  But "IN THE END" ALL will know that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment