Monday, October 20, 2014

"I AM THE LORD!!"

Exodus 3:5                                        (ESV)
Then he said, "Do not come near; TAKE YOUR SANDALS OFF YOUR FEET, for the place on which you are standing is HOLY ground."

Joshua 5:15                                      (ESV)
And the commander of the LORD's army said to Joshua, "TAKE OFF YOUR SANDALS FROM YOUR FEET, for the place where you are standing is HOLY." And Joshua did so.

Acts 9:4-9                                          (ESV)
"4 And FALLING TO THE GROUND he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?"
5 And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I AM JESUS, whom you are persecuting.
6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do."
7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.
8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.
9 And for three days he was without sight, and NEITHER ATE NOR DRANK."



Yesterday, while headed to "Worship Service" from Sunday School, my thoughts went to the following questions!   Do we come to Church all dressed up in our best clothes, or in shorts and T-shirts, with our hearts prepared to enter the presence of GOD's Spirit?  Or are we too busy to hear from HIM in our lives?  What channel, in this television age, do you have to listen to in order to hear from GOD?   It may not be 'CAN HE' speak to you driving to work, but can you hear HIM driving your vehicle?  Is hearing from HIM more important than seeing a sporting event?  We are talking about listening to and for the same ONE who spoke the worlds into existence, not some "I dream of Jeanie" spirit!  And yet we desire to have HIM talk to us on OUR timetable???  ARE WE TOO BUSY TO HEAR FROM THE CREATOR OF THE WORLDS IN OUR LIVES?

The scriptures above are just a few where a Holy GOD spoke to people in the Bible.  There was no listening to/for HIM while performing other tasks.  Abraham was commanded not to come near and to "TAKE YOUR SANDALS OFF YOUR FEET".  Joshua was commanded to "TAKE OFF YOUR SANDALS FROM YOUR FEET".  Saul was so overcome by the presence of JESUS that he NEITHER ATE NOR DRANK for three days!  Most certainly his thoughts were not on where he would be going over the next few days?   When these men encountered the LIVING GOD, there was reverence and focus exuding from their lives!  

Now I know that we all are different and react to circumstances in our own way.  1 Corinthians 7:17 (ESV) says "Only LET EACH PERSON lead the life that the LORD has assigned to him, and to which God has called him. This is my rule in all the churches."   GOD never changes (Malachi 3:6) though and we mustn't forget how HOLY HE is.  It is an honor and privilege to come before HIS presence whenever we desire, or take the time, and we should not take it lightly!  If I come before HIS throne with a heart and mind that is cluttered with all of the things of this world, what am I saying to HIM?  That the things of this world are more important to me than HIM?

In Ezekiel 37:14 GOD tells Ezekiel "And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD."  GOD told Ezekiel to prophesy "I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live", not so the Israelis would be exalted, but so "Then YOU SHALL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD"!!!  

GOD will get glory! HE can cause dead, dry bones to be restored and made whole if HE needs to!   HE prefers me to honor and praise HIM for WHO HE is and then what HE has done.  Maybe I should not be so caught up in what I could be doing for the Kingdom and be more focused on THE KING?  LORD, cause me not to be focused not as much on what YOU have done, but more on WHO YOU ARE!  Remind me dear GOD that YOU said "I AM THE LORD"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment