Saturday, October 18, 2014

Living the "GOOD LIFE"!!

1 Corinthians 7:17                            (ESV)
"Only let EACH PERSON person lead the life that the LORD HAS ASSIGNED TO HIM, and to which GOD has called him. This is my rule in all the churches."



There is little doubt in my mind that many high school seniors would examine my life and would chart a course to mimic the results that I have had?  Most would aspire to live a life of wealth and comfort where safety and security surrounded them and their families.   No disease, no financial difficulties, children who obeyed and did what the parent thought best, vacations twelve times per year, and on and on!  Everyone has a future where they see nothing but good for themselves.  

But when you compare our lives to people who live in some remote, deserted, undeveloped country, our lives are a cakewalk!  As I type this blog on my iPad, the life that I have with all of its imperfections is far better than some.  I have a house to keep me warm, cool, and dry.  I am blessed with two vehicles, food to readily eat, clean water to drink, clean clothes to wear.......and the list could go on and on!

The Apostle Paul said 'EACH PERSON' should lead the life that the LORD HAS ASSIGNED TO HIM!   You can dream of a "GOOD LIFE" scenario for you and your family, but if GOD's plan had you in that "GOOD LIFE", you would be living that life!   Don't ever think that you have GOD's plan figured out.  I would have NEVER thought on July 8, 2007 that the next day my brain would develop a leak and I would spend the next 52 days hospitalized!  But no one would have predicted either that I would be miraculously healed and be left to share HIS goodness through my life.  

Each person has a journey that is as unique and specific as the grains of sand on the sea shore.  Don't get caught up trying to emulate any other person and their flaws!  Only JESUS CHRIST has lived a life that we should be copying.  As I observe my surroundings this morning, I see the sun shining brightly outside with mild fall temperatures to begin my day.   This IS the "GOOD LIFE" that GOD has prepared for me to exhibit HIS goodness and grace to all!  I pray that everyone can see because of HIM, I am living the "GOOD LIFE"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment