Tuesday, June 27, 2017

"OF WHOM I AM CHIEF!"

1 Timothy 1:13-15                         (KJV)
"13 (Apostle Paul) Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our LORD was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in CHRIST JESUS. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that CHRIST JESUS came into the world to save sinners; "OF WHOM I AM CHIEF!"



Although I run the risk of offending many who are convinced they are always correct about everything, there has only been ONE person without fault!  Just to name a few, Abraham didn't wait for GOD's Promise.  King David couldn't control his passion and lusts.  The Apostle Peter flew off the handle too often.  And the Apostle Paul "was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious:"!  


The Bible is full of examples of how GOD displayed mercy and grace to HIS creations, even though they didn't deserve it, FOR HIS GLORY!  I'm glad HIS WORD demonstrates how merciful and gracious HE is, as I would argue the Apostle Paul's statement, for I feel it should be "OF WHOM I AM CHIEF"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment