Monday, June 23, 2014

"BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!"

Proverbs 3:11-12             (ESV)
"11 My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline or be weary of his reproof,
12 for the LORD reproves him whom HE loves, as a father the son in whom he delights."


Both of my sons were home this weekend to celebrate Fathers Day belatedly.  I thoroughly enjoyed their visit as they bring an added LIFE to the usual around our home.  As we sat around one evening I recollected mostly good times, but also some times when I had to be the "bad guy" and punish them for their wrongful behavior.  I would not have loved them very much had I allowed them to stay in their two-year old behavior when they were seven years old?  Because I loved them and wanted to see them mature responsibly, I had to channel their actions into a more mature and responsible behavior!

Likewise, the LORD loves us too much to allow us to remain "FEEDING FROM MILK" when we should be "FEASTING FROM THE MEAT"!  (1 Corinthians 3:2 "I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it.").  Too often we hear "A loving GOD would not allow something this vile to have happened"!  Or "Why would a Holy GOD allow so much sin to exist"?

I am not a television preacher who claims to have all of the answers to all of life's questions. But Isaiah 55:8-9 tells us "For MY thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways and MY thoughts than your thoughts."  But I would not have been much of a father had I required my sons actually fully understand everything I was trying to get them to obey.   Sometimes you just have to HAVE FAITH that your Heavenly Father knows what is best for you!  Sometimes, as a parent, it just has to be "BECAUSE I SAID SO"!   Hebrews 11:6 says "And 'without faith' it is IMPOSSIBLE to please HIM, for whoever would draw near to GOD must believe that HE exists and that HE REWARDS THOSE WHO SEEK HIM."

GOD, in HIS infinite wisdom, sometimes allows us to go through some difficult times for HIS glory.  While they were along side the Red Sea, the Children of Israel must have thought they were toast with the Egyptians about to overtake them?  But just about the time the Egyptians saw peril, GOD caused the parted waters to engulf them and consume them!  When your enemy thinks he has victory over you, GOD may be ready to release HIS JUDGMENT on them.  Always remember, "WITHOUT FAITH" it is impossible to please HIM!! GOD may be using the tough times you are experiencing to demonstrate HIS LOVE toward you.  Sometimes you just have to trust GOD when HE says "BECAUSE I SAID SO"!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment