Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"BEING ALONE WITH GOD!!!"

Psalms 119:97-104           (ESV)
"97 Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.
98 Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts.
101 I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word.
102 I do not turn aside from your rules, for you have taught me.
103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way."


There are some days when GOD directs me to a scripture with very little effort on my part.  Then there are days (like today) when GOD has to use the proverbial "board across the head" approach to get my attention.  GOD continues to deal with me about meditating HIS Word and HIS precepts until they become a part of my life.  It seems I write about this so frequently, that I am "beating the drum" constantly!

This morning while waiting to be alone, I was scanning over my Facebook "wall".  A friend of mine is the Campus Director at Fellowship of Christian Athletes at the state University where I live. She recently posted a photo of what appeared to be a devotional that listed a couple of things that JUMPED out at me.

Number one, in order to develop a time where we allow GOD to speak and commune with us, "we must exercise both planning and self-denial"!  We must not only allow a time for HIM to speak to us, but we must EXPECT HIM to speak to us when we commune with HIM.  Sometimes my life is too "busy" to hear HIS "still, small voice" (1 Kings 19:12).  I need to be willing to quieten my life to the point that I can hear HIM speaking to me.  HE may be trying to give me a MIRACLE if I just would listen!

Secondly, one of the most difficult things I have had to do is...."We HAVE TO reclaim our time"!  The enemy doesn't have to involve us with "bad" things near as much as keeping us busy doing "good" things that are disguised!  Keep in kind, the enemy is known as the greatest deceiver and Genesis 3:1 says he is "more crafty" than any beast that was ever made.  All the enemy has to do is to convince us that our job, our ministry, serving others, or ANY other thing needs to be done OTHER THAN communing with GOD, and we are defeated!  The time we commit to GOD is the most important time, not of our day, but the most important if our lives!

The final point is "Wherever it comes from, we must find TIME every day to enter into our closet, AND HAVING SHUT THE DOOR, to pray to our Father who is in secret"!  The act of "closing the door" is not the point that needs to be focused on, rather "BEING ALONE WITH GOD" should be our desire.  When you slow down and think about it, we have the privilege of coming before the ONE WHO created the very world we live in!  JESUS CHRIST paid a heavy price for us to have that privilege.  I pray that I would not only "find the time" the be alone with GOD, but that I am more like Joshua in Exodus 33:11.  I pray I value "BEING ALONE WITH GOD" so much that I would not depart from the tent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment