Monday, June 9, 2014

"Is it TOO late???"

Zephaniah 3:1-8           (ESV)
"1 Woe to her who is rebellious and defiled, the oppressing city!
2 She listens to no voice; she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the LORD; she does not draw near to her God.
3 Her officials within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves that leave nothing till the morning.
4 Her prophets are fickle, treacherous men; her priests profane what is holy; they do violence to the law.
5 The LORD within her is righteous; he does no injustice; every morning he shows forth his justice; each dawn he does not fail; but the unjust knows no shame.
6 "I have cut off nations; their battlements are in ruins; I have laid waste their streets so that no one walks in them; their cities have been made desolate, without a man, without an inhabitant.
7 I said, 'Surely you will fear me; you will accept correction. Then your dwelling would not be cut off according to all that I have appointed against you.' But all the more they were eager to make all their deeds corrupt.
8 "Therefore wait for me," declares the LORD, "for the day when I rise up to seize the prey. For my decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdoms, to pour out upon them my indignation, all my burning anger; for in the fire of my jealousy all the earth shall be consumed."


Do you ever read the Bible and wonder WHAT the people were thinking??  Why in the world couldn't they see they were traveling down the pathway of destruction?

The path mankind is on today looks eerily similar to what I read in verse two of Zephaniah 3!  "She listens to no voice; she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the LORD; she does not draw near to her God."

Mankind has declined in their "TRUST IN THE LORD", and the United States is leading the way.  Luke 12:48 states "But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. EVERYONE TO WHOM MUCH WAS GIVEN, OF HIM MUCH WILL BE REQUIRED, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more."  Can you dream of a country who has been more blessed that the United States over the past 240 years?  Yet everyday we see where our nation rejects the very ONE who has bestowed the blessings on us.

We are in a tough and rebellious state, but all hope is not lost!  2 Chronicles 7:12-14 says "12 Then the LORD appeared to Solomon in the night and said to him: "I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a house of sacrifice.
13 When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people,
14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  I just pray that GOD ALMIGHTY will continue to be longsuffering with us and tarry HIS judgement!  

No comments:

Post a Comment