Sunday, June 29, 2014

"OLD MAN, NEW MAN!"

Ephesians 4:22-27               (KJV)
"That ye put off concerning the former conversation the "OLD MAN", which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the "NEW MAN", which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil."


Many of you know I have been on a long journey of losing excess weight for the past months.  Today I am about halfway to my goal!  I am committed to reaching this goal as the Spirit of Christ does not deserve to live in an overweight, broken body.  I have died to my will (Galatians 2:20) and am committed to living for HIM.

In the scripture above the Apostle Paul reminds us that we must put off, like a change of dirty clothes, the "OLD MAN" and it's lifestyles.  The "deceitful lusts" are vile and numerous. Anything that I allow into go into, or come out of, my body that JESUS CHRIST would not be gloried in, is to be removed from my existence.

Paul knew that putting off the "OLD MAN" was not enough though.  He said we need to have our minds "renewed" by putting on the "NEW MAN"!  The "NEW MAN" and the "OLD MAN" cannot live in the same place (Luke 16:13).  "Righteousness and True Holiness" is a standard we should all strive for.  My life must reflect the changes brought about by PRAYER and BIBLE STUDY and the HOLY SPIRIT indwelling my life.

JESUS CHRIST came to earth and gave an example for us to follow. The only way I can accomplish HIS example is to allow HIS Spirit to live in me!  Like the old work clothes I work in the yard with, I must put off the "OLD MAN" and the things of the past!  The adornments of the "NEW MAN" should reflect what JESUS CHRIST has, and is, doing in my life!

Now, to losing the other half of my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment