Friday, March 4, 2016

"I AM THE LORD!"

Exodus 6:1-7                                   (ESV)
"1 But the LORD said to Moses, "Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh; for with a strong hand he will send them out, and with a strong hand he will drive them out of his land."
2 GOD spoke to Moses and said to him, "I AM THE LORD".
3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as GOD ALMIGHTY, but by MY name the LORD I did not make MYSELF known to them.
4 I also established MY covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, the land in which they lived as sojourners.
5 Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the people of Israel whom the Egyptians hold as slaves, and I have remembered MY covenant.
6 Say therefore to the people of Israel, 'I AM THE LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from slavery to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great acts of judgment.
7 I will take you to be MY people, and I will be your GOD, and you shall know that "I AM THE LORD" your GOD, who has brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians."



Why do I DOUBT?  A friend of mine recently referred my to a sermon preached by a relative of theirs from another state.   In the sermon the preacher basically said that GOD was letting Moses know that "I AM THE LORD", the CREATOR and Sustainer of life, the RULER of the Universe, does as HE pleases (Psalms 115:3)!  "I AM THE LORD" is an authoritative statement, but also an identity statement.

"I AM THE LORD" should embolden and empower every believer, for the Spirit of JESUS lives in us (John 17:23).   JESUS and GOD are one (John 10:30), so the Spirit of the Living GOD, the CREATOR of everything, abides inside of me!!!  And not only me, but every Believer, as HE came to earth to save sinners.

HE is the AUTHOR and PERFECTER of our faith, HE lives inside of us, we are called to do HIS work on earth, so why do I doubt that HE is going to provide for me to do that which HE has promised?  Then why do we DOUBT?  JESUS said in Matthew 21:21 "And Jesus answered them, "Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and DO NOT DOUBT, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' IT WILL HAPPEN."

We don't need to confuse waiting on GOD's timetable with GOD being silent.  HE gained glory from the Israelites waiting on the banks of the Red Sea for the Egyptians to catch up with them!  HE may need me to wait for my enemies to catch up with me so HE can part some waters for me?  After all, "I AM THE LORD" will be glorified (Habakuk 2:14) and we should be honored to be used to glorify HIS NAME?  HE is "I AM THE LORD"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment