Tuesday, March 22, 2016

"I AM THE LORD!!"

Exodus 6:1-8                       (ESV)
"1 But the LORD said to Moses, "Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh; for with a strong hand he will send them out, and with a strong hand he will drive them out of his land."
2 GOD spoke to Moses and said to him, "I AM THE LORD".
3 "I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as GOD Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make MYSELF known to them.
4 I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, the land in which they lived as sojourners.
5 Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the people of Israel whom the Egyptians hold as slaves, and I have remembered my covenant.
6 Say therefore to the people of Israel, "I AM THE LORD", and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from slavery to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great acts of judgment.
7 I will take you to be my people, and I will be your GOD, and you shall know that "I AM THE LORD your GOD", who has brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
8 I will bring you into the land that I swore to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. I will give it to you for a possession. "I AM THE LORD.'"



For me, a sense of amazement runs abundant when I hear people declare they are "Christians" and yet place profanity, lies, and debauchery on their social media for the entire world to see.  When you support and encourage those who live this lifestyle, then you become complicit in their actions.  Being frustrated with "this world" is one thing, but effective change can only come by WHOLEHEARTEDLY turning back to ALMIGHTY GOD!

In the book of Exodus the children of Israel had been in captivity for 400+ years!  Imagine their frustration, would you???  Pharaoh had increased their workload and wasn't showing them any mercy.  Didn't Pharaoh understand the Israelites were GOD's chosen people?  Didn't he understand that GOD only permitted their enslavement to draw them back to HIM?  Just in the passage above GOD identifies HIMSELF as "I AM THE LORD" (YAHWEH) four separate times!  GOD IS HOLY (1 Peter 1:16) and HE wasn't playing around and in Exodus 14 and Pharaoh found that out!  Do we want to risk playing around with honoring a HOLY GOD, or would we prefer to let GOD fight our battles for us (Exodus 14:14)??

In all honesty, I too have been rather reserved about speaking about this until I read a recent post on a friends social media site what had these scriptures:  2 Thessalonians 2:5-12 stating "Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?  And you know what is restraining HIM now so that HE may be revealed in HIS time.  For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way.  And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the LORD JESUS will kill with the breath of HIS mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of HIS coming. The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO LOVE THE TRUTH AND SO BE SAVED.  THEREFORE GOD SENDS THEM A STRONG DELUSION, SO THAT THEY MAY BELIEVE WHAT IS FALSE, IN ORDER THAT ALL MAY BE CONDEMNED WHO DID NOT BELIEVE THE TRUTH BUT HAD PLEASURE IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS!"  Why did GOD send a "strong delusion"?  It may be to reveal those who did not believe the TRUTH, and those who "has pleasure in unrighteousness"?

GOD still isn't playing around today, and HE may be getting ready to gain glory over HIS enemies once again.  Even some "so-called" evangelical leaders will get to experience GOD's wrath this time, for whether in supporting, or from being silent about their sinfullness, this lifestyle should have been denounced by them.  As men who have a flock to under shepherd, leading them, and others, down this path is something that baffles me.  Scripture says in Jude 14-15 "It was also about these that Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, "Behold, the LORD comes with ten thousands of HIS holy ones (Angels), to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against HIM."  Being silent, and not speaking for HIM, may put me in that class, a class I refuse to be included in!

"I AM THE LORD" will not be mocked (Galatians 6:7).  These actions, or inactions, will not go unpunished.  Grace is an AMAZING thing, but Pharaoh found out that angering a HOLY GOD is not a comfortable place to be.   "I AM THE LORD" is patient and long suffering, but even HE has HIS limits!  Matthew 11:15 "He who has ears to hear, let him hear"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment