Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"ROOT SYSTEM!"

Jeremiah 17:7-8                            (ESV)
"7 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD.
8 He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."



Recently I attended church on a Sunday Evening.  I wasn't real excited about going to church on this particular Sunday Evening for some reason.  This Sunday I was a bit deflated as my desire is to be involved in the ministry plans that GOD has planted within my Spirit.  My prayer, as I was driving to church, was that GOD would speak to me through something that was done or said to confirm that I was on the right path, one that HE could be glorified by.

My pastor began his bible study of Matthew 5:8 which says ""Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see GOD".  He went on for a few minutes and then he said something I had to write in my notes. He said something like "The "ROOT SYSTEM" of a sturdy tree needs to have TIME to grow deeper, not as long to grow wider!  A tree that is strong enough to withstand the winds of a severe storm has to have roots that grow DEEP"!

As soon as I heard this, I knew it was for me.  GOD was telling me that HE needs somebody with a deep root system for the job HE is preparing me for.  Jeremiah 17:8 in the New Living Translation says "They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach DEEP into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit".

Other than a couple of small pine trees in our yard, we have two trees. One is a quick growing tree that's "ROOT SYSTEM" is very shallow very wide.  A severe windstorm would no doubt cause it serious damage.  The other tree is an oak tree that three large grown men "might" be able to reach around near ground level. About 50 years ago, when I was a child, I played under that tree, and it was an old tree then.  It's "ROOT SYSTEM" must be extremely DEEP, as the tree must be 150 years old!  The number of severe storms it has been through are probably innumerable, but it continues providing shade and comfort for me as a kid, for my kids, and soon for my grandkids.

This tree didn't just grow in a few years to provide the shade and enjoyment we have experienced from its life.  It has overcome some obstacles in its lifetime, as we all have to do.  Whatever GOD had in HIS Plan for me I am ready and willing for HIM to accomplish.  Until then I will continue growing my "ROOT SYSTEM" so I will be able to bear fruit, even when the droughts come in my life!  May my "ROOT SYSTEM" in HIM become only what HE can get glory from!

No comments:

Post a Comment