Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"Be Sober, Be Vigilant!"

1 Peter 5:8   (KJV)
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour".  

As I write this morning, my thoughts and emotions are mixed greatly!  I have family and friends on the beach on the Gulf of Mexico, there are other friends who are without jobs, other friends who buried their child this week, others who reside near Oklahoma City and are dealing with the after effects of yesterday's tornado's.   I have friends all across the United States (and around the world) who are dealing with "life" as they know it.   

Sometimes it seems we are surrounded by trouble and turmoil.  Every option taken seems to have been the wrong choice.  It seems that you are destined to live in chaos for the remainder of your life.  While talking about challenges in his life, Dr. Charles Stanley once recalled GOD telling him  "You've got to see it all as coming from me!"  GOD can use hardship to teach us AND grow us into what HE desires is to be!

GOD has a "Master Plan" for our lives.   I know frustration and impatience tend to overtake us when we are in the midst of trials, as we seek relief.  But GOD says "Be sober" (quiet or sedate in demeanor), "be vigilant"(keenly watchful to detect danger)...."!   The enemy is emboldened by those who neglect GOD's word.   

I pray that I will fight battle The LORD sees fit for me to endure for HIS glory.   Psalms 55:18 "HE hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me."  

No comments:

Post a Comment