Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"TENDERHEARTEDNESS"!


I had a lady come up to me this week and inform me that she occasionally reads my Facebook posts before retiring at night.  Although she was what I considered a good friend, I never considered her to be reading my posts at night.  While contemplating her compliment I was moved to realize something.  

Our actions and intents are "stored" on a computer hard drive.   You may "forget" some things, then all of the sudden, your memory is crystal clear about the matter.  Then it seems you can't think of anything else. 

Everything you say and do is being measured.  A good word spoken to someone who is down.  A critical word that is uttered before thinking.  Things you do that help, or things that tear down. 

I pray that I will be one who reflects Ephesians 4:32 in my actions!  "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you."  I pray my critical spirit to be replaced with "Tenderheartedness"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment