Friday, May 3, 2013

"SUPERNATURAL!"

Proverbs 18:24  (KJV)
"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

I surrendered my life to Christ on January 08, 1978.   I remember feeling very "unsettled" and trying to find the answer to the puzzle called life.  My pastor at the time was Rev. Doyle Wesson.  

Bro. Doyle (Pop) was my spiritual father.  My earthly father had divorced my mom when I was four years old and moved to Canada to avoid paying child support.  I never had anyone who I felt "cared" about me like Pop.  

Proverbs 18:24 was one of Bro. Doyle's favorite verses.  This morning that scripture was on my mind.  "There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother" many feel is a direct reference to GOD.  Few times have I felt the presence of GOD like I experienced in February 2009.  

Bro. Doyle was battling lung cancer and was near death.  I was privileged to be at his side when he slipped into eternity.  It was as if a welcoming committee was sent to usher his spirit into Heaven.  His daughter, Wanda, and wife, Margaret Sue, wept over him as his life shifted to the supernatural.   

Never have I had a friend so close as Pop.  But the Friend that he preached about is still as close to me as ever.  "There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother" is more than a Bible verse to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment