Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"I wanna be just like you"!


Recently a man passed from this life into eternity.  His name was George Jones.  I never was a big George Jones fan until he left this earth.  Then his legacy started making itself known to me.  

At George Jones memorial service Vince Gill and Patty Loveless sang a song called "Go Rest High On That Mountain".  I still cry when I listen to it.  You can too!   http://youtu.be/P5qdfTIrOw8

During the introduction to the song Vince Gill was remembering something that Emory Gordy (Patty Loveless' future husband) told him.  He said "We already have George Jones. You need to find a way to sing like you"!  

This morning I was reading scripture in Judges 7:7 where the LORD says to Gideon that HE will defeat the enemy with just 300 men!  What GOD was telling was HIS plan is different for each person and each circumstance.  Gideon had to be faithful to what GOD told him to do, not what others (Moses, Joshua, Noah, etc..) had been told in their preparation for battle. 

I used to think humans could disciple better because there we have to all learn from our own mistakes!  But sometimes we have to experience the "failures" so that we can "appreciate" the success!   We have to be THE BEST we can be, not to be judged by others, but by HIM! 

GOD has a plan for each of our lives. He may have had others living in the city doing work with the poor, but have me in the country dealing with the sick.  HE uses our successes and failures to mold us into what HE desires us to be.  Unless we are doing what HIS plan is for "our" life, we will not be satisfied.  

My desire is to follow the LORD's lead in my life wherever HE leads.   
Wherever HE leads I'll go
Wherever HE leads I'll go
I'll follow my Christ who loves me so
Wherever HE leads I'll go

No comments:

Post a Comment