Sunday, May 5, 2013

"Broken Vessel!"

I recently received a notice from HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital inviting me back to their Stroke Survivors Reunion.   The invitation brought smiles and memories to mind, some that brought tears and some that brought joy!  

Only yesterday I had to text my youngest son to borrow from his recollection of the events of July 09, 2007.   My memory tends to be swayed by the emotions of the day.  I wanted to get the perspective of someone who was not actually going through the "stroke" process.  

We all have a differing view of the same events, even if it is the same event.  One may see things happening one way while another will have a totally different view of how events transpired.   GOD lets us know that HIS purpose for a particular event in "our" lives.  With the exception of some prophets, we have to "seek" HIM and HIS direction in our lives to be able to please HIM!  

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (KJV) says "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

I look forward to being able to visit some of the people who had a hand in my recovery from the near fatal brain hemorrhage.   But the anticipation I have for how the LORD is going to use my life is unmatched.   My desire is to be a vessel used by HIM to pour out blessings on HIS children!  

No comments:

Post a Comment