Monday, May 20, 2013

"Trust Me, Try Me, Prove Me!"

Malachi 3:8, 10
"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings."

Sometimes we try to justify not giving GOD the amount HE deserves out of our paycheck.  The bills for the month will be too great. Or an unexpected trip will take more than we planned.  But GOD instructs us to "live by faith"!  

GOD does not have a budget to make.  HE does not fret over bills or expenses.  HE desires to bless us!  Psalms 24:1 says "The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein."  Then why does HE need my measly tithe?  
 
Malachi 3:10 is one of the MOST overlooked verses in the Bible!   "Bring ye ALL the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and PROVE me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, IF I will not open you the windows of heaven, and POUR you out a BLESSING, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. ". 

GOD, help me to realize that all I have is YOURS anyway.  And YOUR blessings are a promise if I obey YOUR WORD!  

No comments:

Post a Comment