Monday, June 10, 2013

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste"!

Genesis 3:8-10 (KJV) "And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife "HID" themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was "AFRAID", because I was naked; and I hid myself." FEAR (and doubt) are two of the most powerful tools in the enemies tool chest. Adam and Eve experienced "knowledge of good and evil" and the FEAR of a Holy GOD came along right behind it! it was one of those "full disclosure" moments that the devil chose to omit! For me, it seems all the enemy has to do is cast a little bit of "DOUBT" and the "FEAR"ing is sure to follow. Why do I allow evil such an easy battle? I am afraid the answer may rest in my own "MIND"! When we don't brush our teeth effectively, plaque builds up and causes cavities. Likewise, when we allow evil to be present in our lives, through "DOUBT" and "FEAR", it grows like a cavity in our lives! We must eliminate the "PLAQUE" (fear and doubt) in our thoughts (minds)! To fill the void left by fear and doubt, the Apostle Paul gives us a few replacements! In Philippians 4:8 he says "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." If we "think on these things" then fear and doubt will have no "cavities" to grow in! In the early 1970's a phrase was used on television that said "A mind is a terrible thing to waste"! The enemy realizes that if the mind is under our control, the body and soul are not far behind! The Spirit of GOD desires to control my mind. I pray that I let HIM control every aspect of my life! 2 Corinthians 5:7 (KJV) "For we walk by faith, not by sight"

No comments:

Post a Comment