Saturday, June 1, 2013

"GOD Knows"!


@CSLewisDaily: God has not been trying an experiment on my faith or love in order to find out their quality. He knew it already. It was I who didn't.

I was moved by this recently as I was on "Twitter" skimming my "wall".  
C. S. Lewis is a favorite of mine.  He also wrote "You don't have a Soul.  You are a soul. You have a body"!   His "Quotes" are always so thought provoking.  

I was reminded when reading the Quote at the top of the page I recollected some old notes in my bible I wrote over 20 years ago. In Genesis 22:12 scripture records "And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me."  I added notes that said "And now Abraham knew"!  

GOD is sovereign.  HE sees and knows everything.  HE has to reveal to us, usually in small increments, how majestic HE is.  If HE revealed too much too quickly, we couldn't comprehend it.  Abraham saw that GOD would provide only after he placed Isaac on sacrificial altar.   

GOD does not forget about us or get too busy for our problems.  HE orchestrates our lives to mold us into the image of HIS SON JESUS.  When we have "challenges" in our lives, GOD may be preparing us to be used by HIM for great things.  1 Peter 4:13 says "But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."  Those of us who "CHOSEN" will be "caught up" (1 Thessalonians 4:17) with HIM forever!  

No comments:

Post a Comment