Thursday, June 13, 2013

"SLOW TO SPEAK"!

Colossians 4:5-6  (ESV)
"Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.  Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person."

James 1:19  (ESV)
"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger"

So many times I find myself not having the "right" words for the conversation I am having.   When that occurs, I often find myself being silent until I figure out just what is appropriate to say.  As it turns out, that may be scriptural!

The scriptures listed above tell me that I may NOT need to be talking! My speech should always be gracious!   The words "be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger" were not put in Scripture by accident!   It has been said "GOD gave you TWO ears and ONE mouth for a reason"!  Should we listen TWICE as much as we speak?  

Carrying this a step further, when I pray should I listen to GOD more than I make requests of HIM?  Am I a bit selfish in my "Prayer Time"?  Do I dump my requests on the altar and run, sort of like at the fast food restaurant?  

GOD desires a "RELATIONSHIP" with us.   HE loves providing our needs, but HE also loves us to spend time with HIM!  

Father, I am sorry for the times I have appeared too busy to spend time alone with YOU.  Cause me to realize that my problems may be easily solved by YOU, but I have to listen to YOU for answers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment