Saturday, June 1, 2013

Abased and Abound!

Philippians 4:12-14
"I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

I am no professional writer, but I find it interesting that the Apostle Paul wrote first that he knew how to be "abased".   Only after being humbled can we really know then could how to really "abound"!  

Paul knew how to be content, whether imprisoned or before a king.  He knew that his "being" was only on earth as a tourist before he arrived at his "home".  

The fact that he "knew" he could do all things through Christ which gave him strength is a confirmation of what John wrote in the 17th chapter of his Gospel.  JESUS declared "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."  Since GOD is in JESUS and JESUS is in me, then that means that GOD through JESUS is in me!  

FATHER, what a great honor and responsibility that YOU choose to  display to a lost and dieing world YOUR love through me!  Please afford me the mercy and grace to represent YOU well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment