Saturday, June 8, 2013

"JAIL BIRD"!

Philippians 1:9-11 (KJV) "And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." It seems as though GOD knows exactly what I need and when I need it! The Apostle Paul was writing this letter from a prison cell! I may have difficulties in my life, but I have not experienced prison! Today, we would assume if someone were in prison they MUST have done something wrong. Yet Paul was in prison for preaching that JESUS was GOD in the flesh! Folks had seen JESUS die on Calvary and knew HE (JESUS) was a thing of the past! The Apostle Paul wrote the BELIEVERS at Philippi that he prayed their love would "abound"! Now, if I were in prison I am sure I would be concerned about the "love" of the saints increasing! NOT!!! But the Apostle Paul's mentality was far better than mine. Not only did he pray for the saints "love" to abound, he prayed for their fruits of righteousness to be manifested to THE GLORY AND PRAISE OF GOD! The fact that some of us are "BELIEVERS" does not mean we have attained a goal or a plateau. Later on, in Philippians 3:14, Paul writes "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." My life on earth HAS a purpose. I pray that my life is "filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the GLORY AND PRAISE OF GOD."

No comments:

Post a Comment