Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"WAIT, I SAY"!

Psalms 27:14   (KJV)
"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."

Many, many times words are repeated in an effort to EMPHASIZE the desired point!  When that occurs, often times there are no "better" words that can be used, so the person making the point will simply repeat it in an effort to relay the importance of the matter. 

 I feel as though GOD was doing that in Psalms 27:14.  "Wait, I say" is HIS way of telling me that I need to take a breath and make sure of what HIS plan is.  

I have been told for most of my life "Everyone has opinions, and most of them are wrong"!  Why then, do we justify our actions by other people agreeing with us?  Our "justification" should come by whether or not scripture is supporting our view.  

But the enemy convinces us that we are "TOO BUSY" to slow down and listen to GOD's word.  We are "SMART" enough to get through the day on our own.  The children of Israel were "SMART" enough to turn a two-three week journey into a 40 year expedition when leaving Egypt! 

Scripture tells us in Matthew 11:25 "At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the WISE and PRUDENT, and hast revealed them unto babes."  If GOD chooses to "hide" things from the "wise and prudent", then HE can choose to reveal them to those who seek HIM!  

FATHER, I pray that I will always remember the enemy is seeking to prevent me from knowing and doing YOUR will.   I need to "WAIT" on YOU and make sure I am following YOUR direction in my life!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment