Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"Turning back"!

Jeremiah 29:11-14 (KJV) "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I (GOD) will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I (GOD) will turn away your captivity, and I (GOD) will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I (GOD) have driven you, saith the LORD; and I (GOD) will bring you again into the place whence I (GOD) caused you to be carried away captive." I do my BIBLE study on my iPhone. My wife says that the iPhone should be grown INTO my body, because I use it so much! One thing I love is I have four BIBLE apps on my phone and I can go from one to the other without losing my place in scripture. Every night, before going to sleep, I try to read a few verses so my mind will be set "on things above" (Col 3:2). Last night I read Jeremiah 29:11. This morning I was reading "around" and I was caused to linger on Jeremiah 29:14. The Israelites were in captivity because of sin. GOD always protected HIS children, UNTIL their hearts turned to other gods. But, HE is always there for us WHEN we turn back to HIM. I have taken the liberty of inserting the word (GOD) into v. 14 for emphasis. GOD never is out-of-control! The children of Israel were taken captive (bondage) by other nations and GOD orchestrated it! Now, HE was "causing" them to be set free! Make no mistake, GOD is sovereign. (Proverbs 16:1-4) My life is very similar to the children of Israel. From time to time I lose my focus on "keeping my eyes on JESUS". But HE is always there for me when I turn back to HIM! LORD, I pray that my desire and focus is on being what YOU desire me to be.....FOR YOUR GLORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment