Wednesday, June 5, 2013

"LIFE MORE ABUNDANTLY"!

James 4:3-8 (KJV) "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." When describing me, one could say that I am not as proud as I used to be! That is a kind way when I was younger I was, in my current observation, arrogant and self-centered. The person I was then would be hard to deal with by the person I am now. The word "submit" in v. 7 is humbling in itself. To "to give over or yield to the power or authority of another" does not imply anything other than giving in to another's plan! So, we have to realize and agree that we are "under" GOD and HIS plan. Then, when GOD is in HIS proper place, will satan flee from us. The enemy is already defeated at Calvary by JESUS. We allow satan to present "lies" and "deception" (John 8:44) to persuade us to look to anyone but GOD for our sustenance. JESUS said in John 10 that HE came to provide us life abundantly! The enemy is here to "but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy". In v. 8 scripture says to "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you." It's rather easy for me too understand, sometimes harder to explain, that GOD cannot fellowship sin/satan. If we draw closer to GOD, HE will draw close to us. LORD, it is my desire to cuddle up in YOUR arms to where the enemy has no access to me. I pray that my thoughts and actions reflect YOUR desires for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment