Friday, May 9, 2014

"Behold, I am here LORD!"

Acts 22:6-10                   (1599 Geneva Bible)
"6 And so it was, as I journeyed, and was come near unto Damascus about noon, that suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
7 So I fell unto the earth, and HEARD a voice, saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
8 Then I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said to me, I am JESUS of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
9 Moreover they that were with me, saw indeed a light and were afraid: BUT THEY HEARD NOT THE VOICE of HIM that spake unto me.
10 Then I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus: and there it shall be told thee of all things, which are appointed for thee to do."


Can you imagine being told to do something that needed to be done and "no one else" hears the command?  How can you be certain you heard correctly?  How do you verify that you were not just hearing things?  How many times do we get instructions from GOD and fail to act because "no one else" got the same instructions!

Saul of Tarsus was on the Damascus Road to persecute more believers of JESUS CHRIST.  About noon a light from Heaven was displayed around him that stopped him in his tracks!  Saul fell to the ground, blinded by the light (Acts 9:8), and was blinded for three days.  A disciple named Ananias was told by GOD to minister to Saul.

But Saul, later known as Paul, had people with him who saw the light that was shining around him, "BUT THEY HEARD NOT THE VOICE" that spoke to him!  There is no doubt that Paul experienced JESUS like few others.  But "no one else" heard GOD speaking to Paul.  The others hearing was not impaired, but the were not on the same wavelength as GOD. Ananias heard GOD telling him to minister to Saul and he went to minster, despite Saul's reputation.  GOD told Ananias that "I will show him (Paul), how many things he must suffer for my Name’s sake."

To get Saul's attention and make him "LISTEN" to HIM, GOD had to blind him and and slow his life down.  To get Ananias' attention, all The LORD had to do was call his name and Ananias said "Behold, I am here Lord"!  My desire is to be listening so intently to The Lord, that all HE needs to do is speak my name and hear me reply, "Behold, I am here Lord"!

No comments:

Post a Comment