Thursday, May 22, 2014

"GOD, WHO HAS MERCY"!

Romans 9:14-18               (ESV)
"14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means!
15 For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills."


Have you ever observed someone who has seemingly all the worldly possessions one could ask for CONTINUE to reap abundantly receive more?   Conversely, what about the soul who financially has nothing and everything they touch seems to be "infected" with trouble?  In both instances the people seem to be good people, yet only one catches all the breaks?

We are are tools to be used in GOD's tool shed.  You may say that some are "RICH" enough that they need no assistance from GOD.  I had a friend who was quite wealthy.  Forbes magazine said he was a billionaire. When he was in his 50's he went to the doctor and was told he had cancer.  Within a year he entered eternity!  He carried nothing out of this world. He left every dime of his fortune behind.

Just because a person has wealth does not indicate they are blessed.  PHARAOH was "raised up" so that GOD's name could "proclaimed in all the earth"!  Your spirit (eternal being) can have peace (John 16:33), or your existence can be in temporal THINGS and have tribulation!

The LORD has blessed me to have been placed on this earth on one of the wealthiest countries in history. Yet, my financial wealth is of no comparison to a lot of individuals.  I have a desire to make more money.  And should I be granted great riches, I pray I will be humble and remember it is not a result of my human will or exertion, but from "GOD, WHO HAS MERCY"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment