Monday, May 12, 2014

"CHOICES!"

Joshua 24:14-15          (1599 Geneva Bible)
14 “Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve HIM in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15 If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.”


One would think that Mothers Day would bring a sermon of admiration and adoration of all the great moms one has known in their lives.  Yet yesterday, our pastor used the text above to base his message.  My wife and I were privileged to have my oldest son and daughter-in-law attend worship with us.

The "CHOICES" we are faced with daily impact not only our lives, but the lives of those around us.  Sometimes we make some wise "CHOICES", and other times we do not exhibit great wisdom.  But the "CHOICES" we make are, at times, seemingly out of character?  We make bad decisions that we look back on and wonder what we were thinking!  Then again, we sometimes make decisions that seem to be way above our level of intelligence?

The supreme authority of GOD (sovereignty) puts us in situations and circumstances that causes us to grow in HIM.   Romans 5:3-5  (GNV) says "And not only this, but we also exult (rejoice exceedingly) in our tribulations (severe trial or suffering), knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

The "CHOICES" we make on how we react to those tribulations determine how mature we are in HIM.  I can whine, moan, and complain about what I am having to deal with, or I can 'exult' in those tribulations and exhibit the traits of CHRIST!  My level of maturity that I display may reflect the amount of TRUST I have in HIM to deliver me from my tribulation.   I need to make sure the "CHOICES" I make are ones that glorify HIM!!!  "As for me and my house, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD" is the "CHOICE" we have made!

No comments:

Post a Comment