Sunday, May 11, 2014

"GOD has a plan!"

Acts 9:3-9                   (KJV)
"3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink."

Acts 9:15-16               (KJV)
"15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for MY name’s sake."

From time to time I find myself in a situation or predicament that is not the most comfortable in my life.  I try to avoid conflict or hardship in an effort to make sure my life is the easiest journey possible.  When difficulties have arisen in my life, I have always tried to figure out what I may have done to cause the struggle I find myself in!

GOD speaks to all of us in a different voice.  Not necessarily a different language, but definitely a different volume, intensity, mannerism, and presentation.  Our hearing has to be in tune with the things of GOD to get the message HE is trying to get across.  The circumstances we find ourselves in may not be a result of bad choices, but a part of the journey GOD has us on for HIS glorification.

The soon-to-be Apostle Paul was questioned by JESUS CHRIST in verse 4 "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me"?  JESUS knew why Saul was persecuting HIM.  Saul did not know why he was persecuting Christians though?  GOD had to blind Saul so HE could gain glory from Paul's life in the future.  The miraculous turn around in Paul's life would not have been so noticeable had Saul not been persecuting Christians so.  When Stephen was stoned to death for his belief in Christ, Saul "consented" to the stoning.

Why would GOD allow one of HIS believers to be stoned by unbelievers?  Saul was going to suffer "great things" for the sake of JESUS CHRIST.  So, don't try to figure out what has caused difficulty to come into your life. "GOD has a plan" and purpose for the events that occur in our lives.  I want GOD to be glorified in my life, even if I have to be stoned like Stephen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment