Sunday, May 18, 2014

"HEARKEN TO THE VOICE OF THE LORD!"

Deuteronomy 28:1-2; 15           (KJV)
"1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God."

"15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee".


Yesterday morning I awoke with the words "HEARKEN TO THE VOICE OF THE LORD" resounding in my head.  I didn't have any verse in mind.  In fact, I had to research the word's to find where the verse was, and IF it was in the Bible at all?  All I knew was, the words that were in my mind were not there by accident.

There are 68 verses in chapter 28 of Deuteronomy.  The first 14 verses lists the promised blessings that Israel could expect from "HEARKEN-ing TO THE VOICE OF THE LORD".  The next 54 verses tell of the curses that were to be expected should Israel (and others who reject The Lord) not "HEARKEN TO THE VOICE OF THE LORD"!  You can read for yourselves the blessings in Deuteronomy 28:1-14.   Then, you can continue reading the curses in Deuteronomy 28:15-68.  It doesn't take a brilliant Bible Scholar to figure out which group I prefer to be in!

I find it interesting that both scenarios begin with the word "IF"!  "IF" you hearken, observe and do what GOD commands, then the LORD blesses.  "IF" you do not hearken, observe and do what the LORD commands, then the LORD curses.  Fourteen verses of blessings versus 54 verses of curses.  I choose to continue to "HEARKEN TO THE VOICE OF THE LORD" in my life.   I pray you do to!

No comments:

Post a Comment