Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"PRAY, SEEK, TRUST & OBEY"!

Jeremiah 17:7-10             (ESV)
"7 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD.
8 He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
10 "I the LORD search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds."


This morning while searching for GOD's will and direction in my life, I came across a saying on a website that I could not get around.  "GOD doesn't ask us to understand, comprehend, or figure it out.......HE just asks us to: PRAY, SEEK, TRUST & OBEY.    Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."

It is my sincere desire to follow The LORD's plan for my life. Whatever it is HE has for me, that is what I want for my life.  Sometimes I want to know what HIS plan is for my life so I can "make it happen"!  But, if I am making it happen, am I really trusting in HIM?  Does my heart lead me in the direction I need to travel?

"The heart is deceitful above ALL things, and DESPERATELY sick; who can understand it?" is a statement that is almost ignored by many.  Our well-intentioned heart may lead us down a path of turmoil and bitterness!  Saying that we are just doing "what our heart leads us to do" sounds like a good statement, but in fact if we are trusting "our heart" to lead us, we are trusting in the wrong thing altogether!

Scripture instructs us to "Trust In The LORD"!!!  The LORD's thoughts are not our thoughts!  Our ways are not HIS ways!  I must submit myself to HIS plan for my life.  I must "PRAY, SEEK, TRUST & OBEY" the plan GOD has for me, and not let my heart get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment