Thursday, May 1, 2014

"TRUST IN THE LORD!"

Proverbs 3:4-7             (KJV)
"4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil."


When I started selling insurance over 20 years ago my best friend made me a FAX COVER SHEET that had Proverbs 3:5-6 on the bottom of the page.  I memorized the verse because they were right before me every day.  Which brings to mind a list of questions that beg to be answered.

First, why don't I put other verses on the bottom of my current FAX COVER SHEET?  I could memories the verse and then change to another.  That would keep a relatively "fresh" scripture in front of those who still use the relatively antiquated FAX MACHINE!

And what about the verses that surround the verses?  Proverbs 3:4 says "So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man."  Everyone enjoys finding favor with their associates, but to find "good understanding" eliminates a lot of problems.  If people can understand what you are saying, they are less likely to be offended.  They may disagree, but they will see where you are coming from and allow you to be wrong, in their opinion.

Proverbs 3:5 is one that I have studies long and hard.  To "TRUST IN THE LORD" is to totally depend on HIM. If you don't need HIM to get out of bed, you are trusting in yourself for that. If you don't need HIM for breathing, you are trusting in some other source for your oxygen. Do not "lean" on the way you understand things to be.  Jeremiah 17:9 says "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"  Your heart can make you miss the mark when it comes to following GOD's plan for your life.

Finally, Proverbs 3:6-7 reminds us that if we "TRUST IN THE LORD", then following in HIS direction and HIS paths will not only be easy, it will be enjoyable. 'Be not wise in thine OWN eyes' is the thing I have the most problem with.  Everyone thinks they know what is the best thing for them to do. Surrendering to HIS will for our lives is the most difficult thing to do!  I will acknowledge HIM in all my ways, and let HIM direct my paths!

No comments:

Post a Comment