Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"I AM THE LORD!!!"

Isaiah 45:5-7                  (ESV)
"5 I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me,
6 that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.
7 I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things."


There was recently in a newspaper a couple of news articles that one could be consider to be humorous.  One was regarding so-called "same sex marriage" and the other was about abortion and when a fetus becomes a "viable option"!  I use the word 'humorous' very loosely, as once again, man is attempting to do what only GOD has the authority to accomplish.  GOD defined "marriage" in Genesis 2:18-25.  GOD created (and still creates) mankind and only HE gives life!  No one can explain why some live through some perilous happenings, yet others slip into eternity seemingly so unexpectedly.

GOD's ways a far beyond our understanding (Isaiah 55:8-9).  Man cannot contemplate a plan that GOD cannot alter to accomplish HIS glory.  Psalms 115:3 reminds us "Our GOD is in the heavens; HE does all that HE pleases".  Then we read Isaiah 45:7 that says "I (GOD) form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things."  ALL these things!

At times it appears as though GOD is letting us see just how futile trying to live on our own wisdom is.  Proverbs 21:30 informs me that "No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel can avail against the LORD."  Mankind has made, and will continue to make, a vast array of different laws and regulations to appease themselves and their conscience.  But GOD has already completed (John 19:30) all of the requirements for living a Holy life.  When will we realize that when GOD says "I AM THE LORD", we cannot improve upon that?  All of the laws and ordinances in the world cannot trump "I AM THE LORD, and there is NO OTHER, besides ME there is no GOD"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment