Saturday, May 24, 2014

"INADEQUATE???"

Romans 8:1-4                    (1599 Geneva Bible)
"1 Now then there is NO CONDEMNATION to them that are in Christ Jesus, which walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the Law of the Spirit of life which is in Christ Jesus, hath freed me from the Law of sin and of death.
3 For (that that was. impossible to the Law, inasmuch as it was weak, because of the flesh) God sending his own Son, in the similitude of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh,
4 That that righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us, which walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."



In recent days, I have been internally dealing with not having a father in my life since I was just over four years old.  While speaking with a friend about my experience, I described the experience with one word, INADEQUATE!  Growing up, in most situations, I had the feeling I was INADEQUATE because I had no father to protect, nurture, or guide me.   I never fully understood how much I missed out on needing a father, until my sons needed me in their lives.  When I look back on helping my sons, it was my father who missed out on the blessings of fatherhood, not me!  The feeling of being INADEQUATE seems to subside when you are giving to others.

Romans 8:1 tells me "there is no condemnation" for we who believe in JESUS CHRIST.  If JESUS CHRIST brings no condemnation, then INADEQUACY has no place in our lives.  Our lives must reflect walking in the Spirit, for walking in the flesh is death!

We mustn't confuse "flesh" (physical lives) with "Spirit" (Spiritual lives)!  In Genesis 2:17 GOD told Adam "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."  Obviously, the curse of death was not a physical death, or Adam and Eve would have been short lived.  The curse was a Spiritual death, yet the enemy deceives many into "seeing" what he wants them to "see", the things of the physical!

Condemnation comes from NOT being in CHRIST JESUS!  Trusting in yourself, assets, abilities, or anything other than The GOD of Heaven (YHWH) is a certain recipe for death.  I have spent almost 53 years subconsciously feeling INADEQUATE.   Thanks be to The LORD, I will never have to feel INADEQUATE again, as in Christ JESUS there is no condemnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment