Thursday, October 24, 2013

"FREE GIFT"

Mark 5:18-20 (KJV) "18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him. 19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, "Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee." 20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel." I have always read this story not realizing what actually transpired during the story until recently. I have been known, mainly in my younger years, for being a "HOT HEAD"! Most thought I had to have things my way, but some knew if they showed me their way was best I would listen to them. By GOD's grace, HE changed my life. The "Healing of the Demoniac" reveals a tremendous amount of insight, if we SLOW DOWN long enough to see "TRUTH"! The "Demoniac" did not have to have a formal introduction to JESUS. He knew DIETY when he saw it. In verse seven of Mark 5, he says "What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not." The Demoniac knew that he was overmatched when he saw the Spirit of "the most high GOD" in his midst. As humans, we have "bodies" that we wear, much like a suit of clothes. We "clean" our clothes when we soil them, without being told. No one wants to wear soiled, dirty clothes. So, why do we let allow our "Spirits" to become burdened with such clutter and filth then? Just as JESUS recognized the demoniac, we need to "SEE" the enemy for what he is. And just as JESUS sent the evil spirits into the swine, we can allow JESUS to control our lives so the demons beg HIM not to "torment" them. One of my favorite secular quotes comes from C. S. Lewis. "You don't have a Soul; You ARE a Soul. You have a Body"! We will have to trade our "suit" of flesh one day for a new "suit"! My new "SUIT" has already been bought and paid for. You too can get the same "SUIT", but it has to come from someone else, you don't have the means to buy it. JESUS paid for a new wardrobe for all humanity. You just have to accept HIS free gift??

No comments:

Post a Comment