Wednesday, October 2, 2013

"HARVEST TIME!"

Haggai 2:8-9;19 (KJV) "8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts. 9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts." "19 Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, as yet the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree, hath not brought forth: from this day will I bless you." Memories of younger years are sometimes good, and sometimes not so good! I remember helping in the garden when I was growing up. I watched my "Grandpa" to learn how he planted the seed (how deep, far apart, and so on), then how he would hoe the grass from around the plant while it grew, and eventually how he harvested the blessings from The LORD. I hardly ever remembered the sowing and hoeing when the harvesting was taking place. Life is a lot like this. We toil to plant the seed, hoe to keep the grass from choking it out while it is growing, but soon, the HARVEST comes. A seed must be planted (buried) to grow. Likewise, we must be planted to produce any "HARVEST" through our lives. With that "HARVEST" will come seeds that can be used to grow plants next season. The seed's have to germinate to produce more seed. If we do not germinate (die to ourselves and bury our will), we will not produce more seed (fellow believers). The last part of verse 19 is one of great hope, "from this day will I bless you." Lord, I pray that you bless my life with MANY seeds to follow, and that YOU bless their lives as they serve YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment