Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"STORM WATCH"!

Matthew 14:25-33 (KJV) "25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, BE OF GOOD CHEER; it is I; be not afraid. 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 30 But when HE SAW the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 32 And when they were come into the ship, THE WIND CEASED. 33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God." This morning when I awoke, my iPhone Bible app was displaying Matthew 14:31. Now I am not one of those who goes to there Bible and wherever it falls open, that is where I read, but I do believe that GOD will "direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:6). I have a concern I have been praying about that I believed to know GOD's direction on. But the enemy has been placing "doubt" in my heart lately. Through experience, I know that GOD most frequently speaks to us THROUGH SCRIPTURE. And HE did this morning. Not knowing for sure, I researched when the "FOURTH WATCH" of the night was. Wikipedia says "in the fourth watch of night" (quarta vigilia noctis) meant JUST BEFORE DAWN! The sun was just about to come up when the "storm" was peaking. Peter said to The LORD, if that is YOU, let me come walk with YOU! JESUS said "Come"! Peter got our of the boat and started to walk on water toward JESUS. As I often do, he began to focus on the "wind that was boisterous" and doubt overcame him. Scripture says he was "beginning to sink". JESUS got Peter and HIMSELF into the boat and said "Why did you doubt ME?" The enemy likes to inject fear and doubt into our lives every chance he gets. We get a word from GOD and the enemy will tells us how crazy we are to believe that GOD is even real, or if HE is real that we are too insignificant for HIM to care about us. Soon after they got in the boat, the wind ceased! I find it amazing that when JESUS is the focal point in my life, everything is "smooth sailing"! But as soon as I start focusing on the winds and waves around me, the tempest swells! (Now FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1). GOD wants to perform miracles, but our FAITH may be lacking. LORD, help me to remember that the enemy is always seeking to destroy and the battle is an ongoing one. Help me keep my focus on what JESUS CHRIST wants to perform in my life and to recognize, but not focus on, the enemy! Help me to "BE OF GOOD CHEER"! The enemy is defeated!

No comments:

Post a Comment