Friday, October 18, 2013

"MY WORD???"

James 5:12 (KJV) "But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation." There are NUMEROUS instances in society today where people give "their word" with little thought of the impact "their word" may have on another person's life. Though the ease of giving someone "your word" may seem to be an easy thing to do, having them deal with you not being able to count on "your word" can prove to be difficult. James wrote that we should "let your yes be yes and your no be no..."! I tend to want to give a reason "why" I could not keep "my word". But, a reason for the failure is also known as an excuse. I fail everyday. If I continuously have to make excuses, then "my word" is not reliable. When I am telling someone about JESUS and what HE's done for me, I need "my word" to be believable. GOD's WORD, conversely, is a totally different thing. When I am searching for directions in life, I go to the official "ROADMAP" provided by The Creator of the Universe! It would make no sense to follow a map drawn by a person who had no idea of the path to a destination. Since GOD knew we needed a trustworthy "MAP", HE sent JESUS to earth to show us the way to Heaven. When you compare my life to the lives of others, I may be good, or I may be a failure, at keeping "my word". But when "my word" is compared to GOD'S WORD, there is NO comparison. JESUS said in John 14:6 "I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." HE IS TRUTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment