Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"OVERTHROWN ENEMY!"

Exodus 14:26-28        (KJV)
"26 And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.
27 And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.
28 And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them."

Trials and tribulations come in our lives in many different areas.  While going through a recent ordeal, I was wondering where I was in my journey.  Was I across the Red Sea, preparing to enter the Red Sea, or was I waking down the banks of the Red Sea?

Or maybe I was in Exodus 14:29, where it is recorded "But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left."  The children of Israel were fleeing their enemy and they were undoubtably still frightened as they were being pursued by the Egyptians. I find it interesting that verse 29 is written after the prior verses telling how THE LORD had "overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea"!

GOD had always taken care of HIS children, even while they were in captivity!  HE was leading them down the Red Sea until the appointed time, and then HE parted the sea.   The Egyptians went in after them, and then "THE LORD" overthrew them to where "not do much as one of them" survived.

I have always thought the crossing of the Red Sea was the thing that was so magnificent.  But the Egyptians were still trying to overtake them, even in the Red Sea. "THE LORD" overthrowing the enemy was the biggest miracle for the Israelites.  Verse 30 proclaims that "Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore."  Their enemy had been defeated, not because they were so strong and mighty.  They were fleeing!  Maybe it was because they gave THE LORD praise for their deliverance.  Exodus 14:31 informs "And Israel saw that great work which THE LORD did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant Moses."

As I was saying, GOD was always with HIS children.  HE got glory when HE defeated their enemy in the Red Sea.  I feel confident the children of Israel would have chosen a different manner for GOD to be glorified had the been writing the script!   But we are/were created to glorify HIM in the good and bad.

FATHER IN HEAVEN, may I be ever mindful that YOU are always with me, even when I am crossing a Red Sea.  Though I be in the midst of waters on my left and my right, YOU are in control and YOU can overthrow my "enemies" at any time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment