Monday, October 21, 2013

"HEALTH and WEALTH"

Malachi 3:8-10 (KJV) "8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." I used to have the mindset that if I came into a MILLION dollars, the LORD would get HIS $100,000 right off of the top. But then I realized, HE owns it all anyway (Haggai 2:8). All I can do is be a steward over what HE allows me to be a "watchman" over. I can do nothing to add to, nor nothing to diminish, HIS kingdom or majesty. Tithing is more than obedience, it is an acknowledgement that everything is HIS anyway. When you "give back" to the LORD, you are really telling HIM how great and glorious HE is, and that you trust HIM to supply all your needs. I wrote recently about me getting a RELEASE to go back to work in February 2008. There can be no dollar amount associated with having health that allows you to be a productive contributor to society. We all realize our health is a blessing from GOD. Our wealth comes from HIM as well. None of us "deserve" the health or wealth we have been blessed with. GOD is a gracious and merciful GOD is the only thing that allows me to continue breathing. FATHER, I pray that I give you all of who I am, and that "everyone" knows that I serve "JEHOVAH-JIREH"!

No comments:

Post a Comment