Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"HE LOVED ME FIRST!"

Philippians 1:3-7 (KJV) "3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 6 Being confident of this very thing, "that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ": 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace." To say I am PROUD of "my boys" (who are 26 & 23 years old) would be the understatement of the century. Any number of fathers have had to visit their sons/daughters in jail, or in the hospital, or in the morgue, after a lapse in judgement. Recently, my oldest had a picture of him posted by his wife with two little boys sitting on a sofa. He was giving of himself to these little men. A few weeks ago, I visited my youngest and he arrived for lunch with his hair all wet. He explained he had been at the local trailer park playing with under-privileged children IN THE RAIN! The Apostle Paul said he THANKED GOD when he thought about the church in Philippi. When I consider my offspring, it is not pride so much, but a thankfulness for GOD's love that floods my heart. I once received a Father's Day card that said "Thank you for letting me exist :-)) And for showing me how to love people And that I should love JESUS And that neither would be possible unless HE loved me first!" "I thank my GOD" for two young men that demonstrate the LOVE of CHRIST with their lives. I am also so blessed that to have two daughter-in-laws that support and love their husbands. Like my son, I am also thankful that "HE FIRST LOVED ME"!

No comments:

Post a Comment