Sunday, October 20, 2013

"TRUE LIFE!"

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (KJV) "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." February 05, 2008 I went to see my Family Doctor to get a release to go back to work following my brain hemorrhage. I remember sitting on the examining table as my Doctor handed me the letter. The joy of feeling "well" enough to be able to join the workforce was incredible! When my doctor finished with me he turned to my mom, who was with me in the exam room. In a quiet, seemingly "slow motion" tone, he spoke words that cut me to my core, "Miss Alice, your results came back and you have Stage 4 Breast Cancer." Only minutes before he had been saying how miraculous my recovery had been. Now, a few minutes later he was telling the woman who brought me into the world that her life would be ending. 22 days later, my mom would receive her eternal reward. The "ups and downs" of this life are foretold when reading the scripture above. Thanks to GOD ALMIGHTY, this life is not where my mom had placed her FAITH! Her FAITH was in a LIFE beyond this one! I trust that you have FAITH in the ONE who IS LIFE!! (John 14:6 )

No comments:

Post a Comment